According to our customer from Frankston (VIC) we have the best online tea range..
8 Health Benefits Of Black Adder Liquorice Tea
Black Adder Liquorice Tea is a Red Seal tea product used as an aid to digestion and to balance blood sugar levels. A refreshing and naturally sweet flavour, the tea is a popular choice with consumers of Red Seal tea.
Black Adder Tea combines liquorice root with fennel seeds, peppermint leaves and aniseed to give a revitalising flavour to any drinker. It is caffeine free and is the perfect beverage for the liquorice lover.
Black Adder Liquorice Tea comes with a range of health benefits, with each herbal ingredient bringing a variety of benefits to the drinker. Though the tea is a brilliant aid to digestion, it is not recommended during pregnancy, or to those with a history of high blood pressure or kidney disease.
We’ve rounded up some of the amazing health benefits of Black Adder Tea below. Have a read and see why you should buy Black Adder Liquorice Tea.
8 Health Benefits Of Black Adder Liquorice tea
Herbal teas always bring an impressive list of benefits to the drinker, and Black Adder Liquorice Tea is no different. With the titular liquorice already a fantastically healthy addition to your diet, the added infusions of fennel seed, aniseed and peppermint leaves make this a tea packed full of goodness.
Check out our list of health benefits of Black Adder Liquorice Tea below.
- Digestion aid. Liquorice has been used for centuries as an aid to digestion, and to soothe symptoms of nausea and sickness. A recent study has confirmed that liquorice can be an aid to digestion.
- Antispasmodic effects. Liquorice can help with feelings of bloating as it eases cramps and can help with gas.
- Antioxidants. All teas have great antioxidant properties and liquorice tea does too. These properties help protect cells from oxidative stress which is associated with some chronic diseases and cancer.
- May help with skin conditions, like eczema. The anti-inflammatory properties of liquorice mean it can ease symptoms of inflammatory skin conditions like eczema.
- Ease symptoms of the common colds. With compounds that coat the throat, liquorice tea is the perfect drink for a sore throat. Liquorice also has antibacterial properties which can support the immune system in fighting colds.
- Can ease upper respiratory symptoms. The main active ingredient in liquorice is glycyrrhizin which can ease symptoms of asthma. Though more research is needed, studies have shown it to ease respiratory symptoms.
- Protects against cavities. The antibacterial properties of liquorice protect against the main kind of bacteria that causes cavities.
- Improves blood sugar levels. There is some evidence that liquorice root can maintain and balance blood sugar levels making it a good aid to those trying to reduce their blood sugar levels.
While liquorice provides a range of benefits, as demonstrated above, Black Adder Liquorice Tea also contains other herbs with some impressive benefits. Check them out below.
- Fennel seeds. These seeds work with liquorice as an aid digestion as they are fibre-rich, making digestion smoother. They’re also antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory, working in a similar way to liquorice to fight infection.
- Peppermint leaves. Another well-known and incredible aid to indigestion, peppermint works to ease discomfort from uneasy digestion. Peppermint can also act as a decongestant and works to ease symptoms of the common cold.
- Aniseed. An antibacterial ingredient, which works with the others in this tea, to fight infection. Aniseed may work to keep blood sugar levels balanced. Aniseed also has anti-inflammatory properties, like the other herbs in Black Adder Tea.
All the ingredients in this tea work in similar ways to aid digestion, improve blood sugar levels and fight infection. Each herbal addition to Black Adder Liquorice Tea functions with the other ingredients to make a refreshing drink that is full of healthy benefits.
Though we’re certain you’re about to go out and buy Black Adder Liquorice Tea, we know liquorice is an acquired taste. If you’re looking for a tea with similar properties to Black Adder Liquorice Tea, we’ve listed a few alternatives below.
- Hilde Hemmes’ Digest-Rite Tea. No liquorice but lots of dandelion which is a well-known digestion aid. Hilde Hemmes is an incredible brand, run by an experienced and well-respected herbalist, so you know you can trust their teas!
- Red Seal Peppermint Tea. Another Red Seal option, their peppermint tea has one ingredient: peppermint leaves. This refreshing and minty tea will ease any symptoms of indigestion in no time.
- Kintra Herbal Tea Bags Fennel Fusion. Fennel has incredible properties on its own, including as a digestion aid. With antimicrobial properties, fennel has much the same health benefits as liquorice, making this a great alternative for those who aren’t fans of the Black Adder Tea.
- Organic India Tulsi Ginger Tea. This tea has an impressive list of benefits from overall wellbeing, to aiding and supporting the body’s detoxification process. The ginger in this tea also eases symptoms of indigestion and supports the digestion process.
These teas all work similarly to the Black Adder Liquorice Tea and so, if you cannot drink liquorice tea or don’t like the taste, they’re great alternatives to aiding digestion.
Black Adder Liquorice Tea is a popular product because of the list of health benefits it comes with, and it tastes great too! As an aid to digestion and a drink full of antioxidants, it is a great addition to your cupboard for those times when you’re feeling a little under the weather.
Check out the Black Adder Liquorice Tea options, and the rest of the Red Seal range, on our website now.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Black Adder tea good for you?
Black Adder tea has a range of health benefits, making it a great addition to your diet. The tea can help aid digestion, improve and balance blood sugar levels and is full of antioxidants. It is also low in calories.
Is it OK to drink liquorice tea every day?
Though it is a healthy drink, it is not recommended that you drink liquorice tea continuously. The tea should be used to ease symptoms of indigestion and to treat symptoms of the common cold, rather than as an everyday drink.
What is black liquorice tea good for?
Liquorice tea is a good aid to ease indigestion and can be used to treat a sore throat. Liquorice root has antibacterial properties so it can help the immune system fight off the common cold and can work to reduce symptoms of inflammatory skin conditions, like eczema, due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
What is Black Adder tea?
Black Adder Tea is a Red Seal product. It is a liquorice-based herbal tea that is used to aid digestion, improve blood sugar levels, and treat the common cold.